For me, creamy plant-based dressings are the key to nourishing, sustainable meals. Whether the star ingredient in my Kale Caesar Salad or a dip for roasted potato wedges, this healthy take on the classic dressing will make you a believer. Who needs parmesan cheese, egg, and anchovy paste when healthful ingredients like cashews, capers, Dijon mustard, and nutritional yeast come together for a superb facsimile. And this version has no cholesterol or oil, so it's a dressing
that's actually good for you!
Makes 1 cup
What you need:
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 cup water
What you do:
- In a blender, place all ingredients.
- Blend until a creamy consistency.
- >> Toss this dressing with kale for a Kale Caesar Salad, drizzle over vegetables in a wrap, or mix with spiralized zucchini noodles.
- >> Keep a jar in the fridge for healthy meals in minutes. This dressing lasts at least a week!
>> A recent study found that cashews—which are high in tryptophans and magnesium—can be effective anti-depressants. This is yet another example of how healthy, plant-based food can be our best medicine.