We all have those days when we need our greens—lots of them. So I created this bowl full of all of my favorite greens, plus a creamy, homemade Green Goddess Caesar Dressing that makes this healthy bowl even more divine. Whether you need to get your fix of greens—or greens are the only vegetables left in your fridge—you’re going to love this easy-to-make, one-pot meal. Prefer a heartier bowl? Add warm quinoa, tofu, or tempeh!
What you need:
For the Green Goddess Dressing:
- ⅓ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 cup spinach
For the bowl:
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 zucchini, made into noodles with a spiralizer
- ¼ cup broccoli sprouts
- ¼ cup sunflower sprouts
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
What you do:
- For the dressing, in a blender, place all ingredients. Blend until a creamy consistency. Set aside.
- Into a food processor, add broccoli. Pulse several times until riced.
- In a dry skillet over medium heat, add water and garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add riced broccoli, kale, and salt. Sauté for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Into two serving bowls, add equal amounts of romaine, broccoli and kale mixture, spiralized zucchini, sprouts, avocado, and pumpkin seeds. Drizzle with Green Goddess Dressing and serve.
- >> Tossing the warm broccoli rice and kale with the rest of the vegetables makes everything so palatable and digestible.
>> Here's a link to my favorite spiralizer! This handy tool opens up a world of possibilities for creating pasta-like dishes.
>> The great thing about this bowl is that you can mix it up by simply changing the dressing. Next time, try it with my Easy Peanut Dressing!