I love a good, creamy dressing on top of salads, bowls, and as a dip for wraps and fresh vegetables. My homemade, nut-based dressings are always a cinch to make, and keeping a bottle in the fridge makes healthy meal prep that much easier (and more likely to happen).
At the top of my favorite creamy dressing list is my classic Healthy Caesar Dressing. Made with cashews, Dijon mustard, nutritional yeast, and capers, this silky blend is creamy, cheesy, and perfectly tangy. Recently, I’ve been experimenting with boosting its nutritional value with beets, spinach, and turmeric, and voila! A trio of superfood dressings have come to life. These plant-based dressings are not only good for you, but are stunning on the plate and have a serious wow factor when served.
Superfood Vegan Caesar Dressing Base
Makes 1 cup
What you need:
- ⅓ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 large garlic cloves
- Add 2 peeled raw beets to ingredients
- Add 1 cup spinach to ingredients
- Add 2 teaspoons turmeric to ingredients
What you do:
- In a blender, place all ingredients.
- Blend until a creamy consistency.
- >> Cashews are my favorite nut to use for dressings because they’re extra creamy (no soaking required!) and are loaded with nutrients.
>> When preparing the Ruby Red Caesar Dressing, don’t toss the green beet leaves! They’re both edible and delicious, and can be added to soups, salads, or sautéed on their own.
>> Besides for color, why use these add-ins? Beets are a great source of fiber, spinach is rich in vitamins and iron, and turmeric helps reduce inflammation.