Hmmmm, Thai food. What’s not to love? It’s sweet, salty, spicy, and tangy all at once, and every bite is like an explosion of flavor. But sometimes, I crave those divine Thai flavors, but in a healthy raw meal. Enter my fresh, flavorful raw pad Thai—brimming with herbs, citrus, and the most luscious creamy peanut sauce. For the noodles, I use spiralized zucchini (it’s so easy to make!), and I always toast the peanuts before making the sauce. If heaven on a plate exists, this is it!
What you need:
- ¼ cup raw peanuts
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 zucchini, spiralized
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a large baking sheet, place peanuts and toast for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Into a high-speed blender, place 2 tablespoons peanuts, water, soy sauce, lime juice, maple syrup, ginger, garlic, and salt. Blend to a creamy consistency and set aside.
- Into a large bowl, combine spiralized zucchini, carrots, bell pepper, cilantro, and green onion. Add peanut sauce, and toss to combine. Top with the remaining peanuts, and serve.
- >> Wanting a little extra protein? Simply add baked tempeh or tofu on top.
- >> I love making healthier versions of my favorite Thai dishes. Don’t miss my Thai Kale Salad, Green Papaya Salad, Tom Kha Coconut Soup, and Coconut Curry Noodles.
- >> Turning root vegetables into instant noodles is so easy. Here’s my favorite spiralizer!