Whether for breakfast, a snack, or an after-dinner treat, I love a good bliss ball. Made with dried fruit and nuts, bliss balls are a healthy indulgence that also provide nourishment and a good dose of energy. I have lots of bliss ball recipes on Healthy Vegan, but this one is special. It’s sweet and tart, pretty, and with a touch of flaky sea salt, strikes that perfect balance of salty-sweet that’s so good in a snack. There’s also something really divine about the combination of cranberries, cherries, and mangos—they just come together so well in this easy-to-make recipe.
Makes 12 truffles
What you need:
- ¼ cup dried unsweetened cranberries
- ¼ cup dried unsweetened cherries
- ½ cup dried unsweetened mangos
- 5 Medjool dates
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt
What you do:
- Into a high-speed blender, add all ingredients except salt. Blend until mixture is smooth and comes together.
- Using your hands, form dough into 1½ inch balls. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- >> A lot of dried fruit out there is loaded with unnecessary added sugar. I make sure to get dried fruit that’s unsweetened and sulfur-free.
>> Make these bliss balls extra special by adding chocolate chips or cacao nibs.
>> Prefer to make your own energy bars? Simply form the dough into bar form!