What’s better than a creamy, frosty smoothie? One that tastes like dessert but is still healthy. This blend reminds me of the most delicious cheesecake, and is made with blueberries, lemon zest, fresh lemon juice, vanilla, cashews, and dates. Whether it’s morning, noon, or night, I can never get enough of this dessert-like shake. And unlike cheesecake, it comes together in just minutes.
What you need:
- ⅓ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 3 Medjool dates
- ¼ cup cashews
- ½ cup coconut water
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- Fresh blueberries and lemon zest for topping
What you do:
- Into a high-speed blender, place all ingredients. Blend to a creamy consistency.
- Garnish with blueberries and lemon zest.
- >> When buying lemons, I always buy organic—especially when I know I’ll be using the zest.
>> If you can’t finish your smoothie, freeze into a popsicle mold for a frozen treat.
>> Even though I love the combination of blueberry and lemon, this smoothie also works well with frozen strawberries, peaches, or mangoes.