Every day is a new opportunity for chocolate, and a chocolate shake is one of my favorite ways to enjoy cacao and all of its wonderful benefits. In addition to being high in antioxidants and magnesium, chocolate gives me a boost, mental clarity, and, well, just makes me happy. What's not to love?
There's something very special about chocolate and cherries. They were made for each other and come together beautifully in this divine smoothie. Who needs junky milkshakes when healthy versions are so easy, taste amazing, and don't leave you in a fog for hours on end? And with frozen cherries available year-round at Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, this chocolate-cherry shake can be yours in just minutes.
What you need:
- 2/3 cup frozen cherries
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons raw almonds
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup water
What you do:
- Into a high-speed blender, place all ingredients. Blend to a creamy consistency.
- >> After blending all ingredients to a creamy consistency, add a handful of cacao nibs and blend for a few more seconds. This will add a wonderful crunch to your smoothie.
- >> During cherry season, feel free to use fresh cherries. You may want to add ice to make it cold and frosty.
>> This shake makes great morning fuel instead of coffee. After this baby, you'll be ready to rock 'n' roll!