If you’ve never tried pecan butter, your life is about to change. While I occasionally treat myself to the small-batch pecan butter from Sunday Provisions (see #11 here, but beware: this stuff is downright addicting), it’s actually pretty simple to make at home. First, toast the pecans. Then, when still warm, whirl in a food processor with some sea salt and a little sweetener (I like Medjool dates). And voila. Homemade pecan butter. Now imagine that freshly made pecan butter enrobed in dark chocolate in the cutest little cup. That’s what we have here, and these pecan butter cups make such a pleasurable treat when I need something sweet. And they have just five ingredients—and are all-raw except for the dark chocolate.
Makes 20 cups
What you need:
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 5 Medjool dates
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups vegan dark chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon flaky sea salt
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Onto a baking sheeet, place pecans. Toast 10-15 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Into a high-speed blender, add freshly toasted pecans, dates, salt, and cinnamon. Blend until smooth. If still chunky, add 1 teaspoon water at a time until smooth. Set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips. Arrange 18 mini cupcake liners on a baking sheet. Pour 1 tablespoon melted chocolate into each cup, using a small spoon to spread chocolate up sides of cup.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes, or until chocolate is set. Spoon pecan mixture evenly over chocolate in each cup. Top each with more melted chocolate until cup is full. Sprinkle each cup with flaky sea salt.
- Place cups back in freezer for 20 minutes, or until set.
- >> Store pecan butter cups in a glass container in the refrigerator, and enjoy anytime a craving hits!
>> For another decadent, chocolate-covered treat, don’t miss my homemade Snickers bars.
>> For a next-level cup, use my Homemade Coconut Macadamia Nut Butter.