Sometimes, I start my day with a chocolate smoothie (have you tried my Black Forest Smoothie yet?). But other times, I want something really healthy made with nutrient-dense ingredients. That means my trusty Kale Colada or this Feel-Good Green Smoothie, packed with iron (spinach), vitamin C (pineapple), potassium (celery), and anti-inflammatory properties (ginger). If I’ve overdone it the night before (eating or drinking or not getting enough rest), this bright-green blend always helps me get back on track. Fresh ginger (in anything) has incredible healing powers, and when combined with pineapple, apple, greens, and cucumber, I know that I am just a smoothie away from feeling great.
What you need:
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1-1/2 cups frozen pineapple
- ½ apple
- ½ cup fresh spinach
- ½ cup chopped English cucumber
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
What you do:
- In a high-speed blender, place all ingredients.
- Blend until a creamy consistency.
- >> Want it more creamy and filling? Add healthy fat from avocado, fresh or frozen.
- >> When buying your fruit (fresh or frozen), always opt for organic whenever possible.
>> The spinach in my Feel-Good Green Smoothie can easily be replaced with other greens such as kale, romaine, or chard. I always prefer spinach because of its subtle flavor!