In another life, I think I lived in the tropics. I love the climate, the fruit, and the easy vibe. But that fruit. I could live on fresh pineapple, mango, papaya, coconut, mangosteen, rambutan, star fruit, guava, and the list goes on and on. So when I need a taste of the tropics but have no time to jetset across the world, I whirl up this smoothie bowl. While the pineapple, mango, and papaya in the US isn’t quite the same as it is in tropical countries, I’ll take what I can get. And on a hot summer day, nothing tastes better.
Makes 1 smoothie bowl
What you need:
For the smoothie bowl:
- ½ cup frozen pineapple
- ½ cup frozen mango
- ½ cup fresh or frozen papaya
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 small orange, peeled
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla powder
- 2 Medjool dates
For the topping:
- ¼ cup coconut yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
What you do:
- Into a high-speed blender, place all ingredients. Blend to a creamy consistency.
- Garnish with toppings (make it pretty!) and enjoy.
- >> Don’t have time to create an artistic bowl? Simply enjoy it as a smoothie instead.
>> Frozen bananas are the secret to creamy smoothies.
>> Have fun with the toppings! These are just a few of my favorites.