I love a good, creamy dressing. But it’s gotta be homemade! Thankfully, healthy plant-based dressings are incredibly easy to make, and can be used as dips, in salads, over grain bowls, or tossed with zoodles. Once a week, I suggest making your favorite blend and storing it in a glass bottle for an instant gourmet meal at the ready.
This Green Garlicky Tahini Dressing is inspired by a similar dressing at California eatery Cafe Gratitude, but mine has even more garlic, includes parsley (which is packed with vitamins A, C, & K), and a touch of sweetness from Medjool dates. And it’s so pretty! This dressing is especially sublime on my Korean Seoul Bowl and Healthy Vegan Bowl, but, seriously, it makes any dish better.
Makes 1 cup
What you need:
- ⅓ cup raw tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 Medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup packed fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup water
What you do:
- Into a high-speed blender, place all ingredients.
- Blend until a creamy consistency.
- >> In a perfect world, I would first make my own tahini! Simply toast raw sesame seeds, blend until smooth in a food processor (adding a little water if necessary), and season with salt.
>> Also a fan of creamy dressings? Don’t miss my recipes for Superfood Caesar Dressing, Easy Peanut Dressing, and Creamy Maple Dijon Dressing.
>> Also inspired by healthy food eatery Cafe Gratitude, here’s a little bowl inspo you must try!