You’ve heard of “nice cream” (frozen bananas whirled into a blender or food processor to make healthy ice cream), and this is a next-level version of that. I love to add other fruits and flavors to my nice cream, but this may be my favorite of them all. The creamy banana base, the fresh mint essence, and the crunch of cacao nibs makes this a mouthwatering dessert or breakfast bowl. The green comes from nutrient-packed spirulina, and the addition of sea salt perfectly balances the sweetness of this divine ice cream.
What you need:
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon spirulina powder
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
What you do:
- Into a high-speed blender, add bananas, maple syrup, spirulina, peppermint extract, and salt. Blend on high until smooth.
- Add cacao nibs and blend on low until incorporated.
- >> Spirulina is a blue-green algae that contains lots of protein, B vitamins, magnesium, and potassium.
>> I love the crunch and flavor of cacao nibs, but they can be replaced with chopped dark chocolate.
>> For optimal sweetness, freeze bananas as soon as they start to turn brown.