- I’m all about deep, satisfying flavors that make every meal special. And this mint chocolate milkshake is no exception! It’s sweet, creamy, minty, and chocolaty, and I love it in the morning to jumpstart my day (the cacao powder and nibs provide a nice kick—use ceremonial cacao for an added boost of nourishment and energy!). Why avocado in a smoothie? It adds a richness and creaminess that turns this blend into a milkshake, and, of course, avocados are loaded with good fats. I’ve found that if you have just five go-to healthy snacks and meals, you’ll be surprised how those dishes can set the foundation for a healthier lifestyle. I suggest this Mint Chocolate Milkshake being one of those staples!
What you need:
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ large avocado
- 3 Medjool dates
- ⅔ cups vegan milk (I like soy milk or oat milk)
- 6 large mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- ½ teaspoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup packed spinach
What you do:
- Into a high-speed blender, place all ingredients. Blend to a creamy consistency.
- Garnish with fresh peppermint leaves.
- >> The fresh mint leaves give this milkshake a nice, mellow flavor. For a stronger mint flavor, add ⅛ teaspoon peppermint extract.
>> Instead of storebought plant milk, try making your own! Here’s my recipe for Vanilla Bean Cashew Almond Milk.
>> In the mood for chocolate mint ice cream? I’ve created a healthy vegan recipe just for that! Check out my Dreamy Vegan Chocolaty Mint Ice Cream here.