I have a huge sweet tooth and do my best to regularly satisfy my sugar cravings with healthy vegan treats. This peanut butter cup milkshake is the perfect example of that—it’s rich, it’s creamy, and it tastes just like dessert. But it’s also healthy and made with whole food ingredients like dates, peanuts, and banana as well as superfoods like cacao and lucuma. My mouth is watering just thinking about this luscious shake, and I’ll whirl one up for breakfast, lunch, or anytime the peanut butter-chocolate urge hits (read: every day). Who needs Reese’s when this luscious milkshake gives you everything you need?
What you need:
- 1 frozen banana
- 5 Medjool dates
- ¼ cup raw peanuts or 2 tablespoons freshly ground peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon lucuma powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅔ cups unsweetened oat milk
What you do:
- Into a high-speed blender, place all ingredients. Blend to a creamy consistency.
- >> Lucuma is a fruit native to South America and is a nourishing, natural sweetener.
>> For added crunch, top your Peanut Butter Cup Shake with cacao nibs.